Friday, September 3, 2010

DIY: Bridesmaid Invitations

So this was my very first completed DIY project... It took almost 5 months to complete! To be fair I did it in three parts and I had to wait for all my bridesmaids to receive them before I could blog about it so here it is:

PART I:


Supplies:
* 6 pink tank tops with lace detail from Forever 21 - $6.50 each
* 1 white tank top for ME!
* Fabric Puff Paint - Light Pink, Medium Pink and Silver - Free (a gift from my MOH)
* Printed Templates (which I just printed on my computer)


Then we (my MOH) slid the template under the shirt and traced the text with the puff paint! (We actually did a bunch of test runs and discovered that she was much more consistent than I was so we decided it would be best for her to do them :D )


We just put them in the window to dry. It takes about four hours for puff paint to dry completely.


This is the bride one... light pink on white.

We did my MOH's in silver on pink. We were going to write "Maid of Honor" on it but decided that would be way too difficult. At that point "we" had already done 6 so we were also pretty burnt out.

Part II:


These are the flowers I posted about a while back... which I attached to the tanks!


This one is mine! The paint leaked into the shirt a little and I am not quite sure why. It didn't do it on any of the other shirts.

This is my fabulous Maid of Honor's!


Here are the bridesmaids! I put the flowers in different places so that each one is a little different.

PART III:


I printed these "Will you be my bridesmaid" templates from Wedding Chicks and then cut them into little tags and just hole punched them.

Then I just wrapped a tagged each one!

DONE!

Just took 4.5 months... on to my next project!

4 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely lovely! I think I may have to take on a project like that for my ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are adorable!! what a fun project- thank you for such a great DIY tutorial.

    I just found your blog on the weddingbee post and I am glad I did!! Can't wait to read more :-)

    xo- your most recent follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I can't wait to check out your blogs ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my shirt!!!! I'm soooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails